Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

The water is dispensing on our 2 year old Whirlpool side by

Customer Question
side refrigerator, and the ice...
The water is dispensing on our 2 year old Whirlpool side by side refrigerator, and the ice tray is full of frozen ice, but it's not dumping the ice. Is there a rest button? The water in the door is working fine.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's two to three years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I'm just wondering if there is a reset button on it?
Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Appliance
11/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 25 days ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a full model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section and seen if you just open the refrigerator door.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I'll get that for you now. The model number is *****

Perfect, thank you. If the icemaker is just not cycling but the ice mold has filled up with water, either the icemaker has failed or the freezer isn't below 10ºF. Check the temperature inside the freezer and make sure it's below 10ºF or the icemaker won't cycle. Other than that, heat up the icemaker with a hair dryer in case ice is jamming the icemaker from cycling. If it still won't cycle, the icemaker will need to be replaced so below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for icemaker

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 23 days ago

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc