Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

GE MICROWAVE, MODEL PVM2070SM1SS has stopped working. Menu…

GE MICROWAVE, MODEL PVM2070SM1SS...

GE MICROWAVE, MODEL PVM2070SM1SS has stopped working. Menu simply says summary, creme cheese that's it

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

10 years. We remodeled the kitchen in 2007

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if I have too. hoping for a quick fix. I assume this is an electronics issue

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What is wrong with it? :)

11/18/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Unplug the unit for a full minute and plug it back in that should reset it and it should work, if not it would need a new main control board. Let me know what happens/

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Give me a few minuted

OK no problem!

Did not work. Turned it off approximately 8 minutes. Turned it back on set clock setting came on. Punched 8, and 2 entered the screen punched 0 and 2 again. Clock will not set and screen will not go to “home”
Hello, are you still there?

OK you need a new main control then, the main control is expensive so given the age I would honestly put the money into a new unit. I wish there was a simpler solution to fix this.

Thank you

No problem sorry for the bad news:(

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician