Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Fridge has buzz and is frosting by the small vents inside.

Fridge has buzz and...

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Samsung 21/2 yrs old model #rf263beaesr/aa

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not necessarily do you have any idea what is wrong?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

WHEN WE OPEN THE FRIDGE THE NOISE STOPS

11/18/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

That is likely a defrost issue you need to remove the rear panel in the refrigerator section. If the evaporator is built up with excessive frost you need to defrost the frost build up with a hairdryer or steamer. Then you need to check the heater for continuity and the defrost thermostat for continuity as well, that is clipped to the evaporator. It has to be cold to test it and it should read continuity with an ohm meter as well when cold. If all that tests good you likely have a bad defrost control.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Do we have to unplug the appliance when we attempt to defrost with hair dryer?
I changed our phone number from landline to smart phone. Can you text answer, send photo or other kind of cell phone message?

I would unplug it.