Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Please I have a customer with a YKERS507X kitchen Aid stove

Kelly PleaseI have a customer...
Kelly PleaseI have a customer with a YKERS507X kitchen Aid stove originally .had no display and or heating on the stove top. a colleague of your here on Just answer had me to purchase and install WPW10287257 after this installation I had a digital read out but the heating elements never came online. After that the same college had me to replace the main control board WPW10365396 and we still have no heating elements on the stove tops I do remember once before when I replaced a oven main control it required a procedure that re sinked the new board to the key pad any thoughts ?in
Answered in 2 days by:
11/20/2017
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

There are two User Interface boards, one for the left burners and one for the right burners, number 11 at the link below. You replaced the one on the right? Is the oven heating okay? If you do not have 240 VAC to the range, it will not heat.

CLICK HERE

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Kelly it was the one on the right WPW10287257 is what I replaced at first. At that time the displays returned on both sides the oven worked After I replaced WPW10365396 nothing will work. I thought about voltage and I checked at the outlet and I had 230 volts there but ive not checked at the stove end.....Is there a place at the control that I can check for voltage ?

Yes, at the P6-1 Black wire and the P6-3 White wire at the oven control. You should read 120 VAC between those two wires.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Did you mean "230" volts at at the P6-1 Black wire and the P6-3 White or just 120 volts ? my guess is that if its 120 volt that is powering the board only ?

The control should only have 120 volts there.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Im looking at the new board im not at location but P6 is a red plug and I remember that the plug that went to it was a matching red. On that plug. It does have "1" (L 1) In the second position Is a N the third position is a "5" I would have thought that "N" would have stood for neutral??????
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
HOLD LET ME REWORD THE ABOVE
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
On that plug. It does have "1" AND (L 1) IN THE FIRST POSITION In the second position Is a N the third position is a "5" I would have thought that "N" would have stood for neutral??????
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
NO P6 3
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
OK im back at the customers and now all my burners are working with full control but my oven and all its controls are dead I do not have 120 volts at the black and white plug at the P 6
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I had come to that same deduction looking at that same drawing.We have some kind of an intermittent "open" when I was digging in the wiring harness and checking for voltage at different locations everything came on line. When I was trying to bind up the wiring harness. The top burners quit me on the "load side" We had full oven operations and all the top burner display was there but no burners were cumming on. That was the way I left it tonight. I was digging into the wire connection that ties all the "L 1"s together. I've also not eliminated the neutral as being open at sometimes. does the one power supply on the right burner provide the control voltage for both boards? (I see no power supply on the left)

Yes, they share that power supply. It sounds like the wiring harness will need to be replaced.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Can you send me bottom half of the drawing you sent me yesterday. As I said I have one but its so small that I can barely read it. I think we disused this before but is there no way to send me a drawing that is not a screen shot, where I get the whole drawing ?

I will send it to you. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The tech sheet is attached.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Ok Kelly Im on location and this is my current findings: Ovens fully functional....both top burner controls have full digital touch, I can hear the relays on the cards pulling upon a touch pad call. On the right card i have 120 volts volts in and have output 120 @ P2 1 P1 4 but the elements on the right side are not coming on I think it has to be inside where the elements are. See some kind of normally open switch in where the elements are. The left had control is the same. in that I have digital control but the elements are not coming on. I have no checked for output voltage on that side

The only common between those elements that would stop heat but allow controls to function is the L2 line. Are you reading the voltage with the L2 line disconnected at the elements so you are not reading voltage back through the elements from the L2 supply?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
At the right front element where shoud I see voltage ?

Right front the L2 line is on 2A. So take that wire off and tape it off and then test the voltage at the 4A and 4 again (each to ground) and see if you still have 120 VAC there.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
It was blead through thank you

So still having issues at those boards, it sounds like the wiring has issues....

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Get this....when I pulled that red wire of that front element I never killed the breaker or unplugged it (im not afraid of 220 V) when I went to put it back on a drew an ark from that wire to ground (imagin that) I went and reset the greaker and now all my top burners work ?????? your thoughts ???
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Could that be like a control alt deleat ?

It is not recommended but it may have reset a control issue. :)

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
It was not my intent to draw the Ark

I know, but it worked out good in this case! :~)

Kelly, Appliance Technician