Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE Profile refridgerator, side by side that is

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE Profile refridgerator, side by side that is about 12 years old. The lights are still on in the fridge and the freezer but the fridge is not cooling and the water/ice function is not working and the lights and numbers for the cooling controls are dark...

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Ok here come the numbers

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Model number PSS26Lsrd SS Serial number DH408399

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think that covers it... lights are on... just no cooling

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 9 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you hear any fans or motors running or is the unit 100% silent?

no the fans and motors are not running... it is 100% silent... only the lights are working...

That's what I figured. Unfortunately that means something is wrong with the main control board on the back of your refrigerator behind the 8" x 10" sheet metal panel. Pull the refrigerator out and unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes to see if the board will reset. If it still won't work when re-applying power, your control board will need to be replaced. The part is all plug and play and easy to swap out if you wanted to replace it yourself, but you're looking at about $185 for the part I'm sorry to say. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?