Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I HAVE A CORER/PEELER ATTACHMENT. THE SLIDE CARRIAGE BINDS…

Customer Question
I HAVE A CORER/PEELER...

I HAVE A CORER/PEELER ATTACHMENT. THE SLIDE CARRIAGE BINDS AND CAUSES THE GEAR TO SLIP. I HAVE CLEANED IT VERY WELL AND IT STILL HAPPENS SHORTLY AFTER. CAN THE CARRIAGE BE LUBRICATED? IF SO WITH WHAT?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

IT HAS PEELED ABOUT 100 LBS OF APPLES OVER THE LAST TWO YEARS. I BOUGHT IT LAST YEAR

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I DON'T BELIEVE SO

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Use some cocunut oil or cocunut paste to lubricate it. It works very well and is safe to use for all food based equipment.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.