Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dacor range will not heat. It stopped working a few weeks…

Customer Question
My dacor range will...

My dacor range will not heat

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It stopped working a few weeks ago but have not had time to deal with it.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can trouble shoot it and figure it out yes,

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I pressed bake, punched in 400 degrees and press start. The screen tells me

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

What does the screen tell you after punch in 400 degrees and press start? Also, do you have a model number by chance? If not is this a wall oven or free standing range? How old? etc..

Screen says "preheating 72 degrees F
Bake 400
Discovery Wall Oven
Model E0130SCH

Perfect thank you. It sounds like your high limit thermostat likely tripped. Let's try to reset it. Just turn the power off at the circuit breaker. Open the oven door and remove the vent across the top of the oven where the door latch assembly is. Remove the vent panel and located just behind the latch assembly is a 1" round black and silver device with a tiny red button on it. Push the red button hard until it clicks and that should reset the switch.

Now if that doesn't work, either the oven isn't getting 220 volts from your house, or the relay control board has failed because those are the only 2 other things that would stop your oven from heating at all without giving an error code.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

This is frustrating. How do you remove the vent across the top. I have already taken4 screws out and the black vent panel will not budge
I took the door off?

No need to take the door off. You're removing the door under the control panel correct across the door latch correct? It should just remove when all the screws are removed.

The vent across the top covering the latch assembly is one piece all the way around the whole face of the oven. I put the door back on. Before I did that I took off three more screws along the bottom and still the entire panel would not budge. Door is back on.

Hmm, you may have to remove the entire control panel then.

Ok. I think it best to call a technician to visit the house. Thanks for your time. I will call a technician tomorrow. Will I be charged any more than the $5 I initially paid?

Alright good luck. I don't know about charges, as I just answer questions.

Thanks and have a good night. We have another oven downstairs, no rush to fix this one.

ok well good luck!