Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our microwave stopped working. We've had three different…

Customer Question
Hello, our microwave stopped...

Hello, our microwave stopped working. We've had three different technicians over in the last few months, only to have each one leave it in worse condition than it was when they arrived.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

2 years old. Let me ask my husband about model

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, we had techs from Cleveland area come over to look at it, one said he fixed it (it was stalling every three seconds), then he came back and said a part has to be replaced, then he ordered the part, then came and said that he needs another one/he ordered the wrong one, then he never came back. Then we had another technician who looked at it, then it stopped being able to warm things period. Now it's useless. I'm convinced the second tech broke it.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't know how to tease out if the advertised Wolf tech really knows what they're doing based on this experience.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
ISSUES WITH WOLF Microwave oven Model MD30TE/S, purchased in 2015. Specifically, 1st issue started in summer 2017 , specifically, touch panel was not consistently responsive (e.g., had to repeatedly press certain buttons to work). Tech from Stewart's in Elyria, OH (certified by Wolf) replaced a part that fixed the touch panel response, but the display screen and interior light began to flicker with the timer countdown (every few seconds). Then we contacted Stewart again and since then they’ve come four times, but each time the problem remained, and they keep saying that the wrong part was repeatedly sent to them. After the last visit on Nov 1st, the microwave has now completely stopped working in a sense that it no longer heats, i.e., not functional, but the interior light is on. Timer works but still flickers. We spoke to them on the phone today, but the lady in service dept said that the technician is out. I am bewildered that it is taking *MONTHS* to get to the root of the problem, and a $1900 microwave can't even heat a cup of coffee, let alone do anything else. Please help.
Answered in 6 days by:
11/24/2017
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

Hello. Another technician came and took out the complete microwave. They are fixing it in their shop.