Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am unable to turn off the light in my Kenmore Oven Model #

Customer Question
I am unable to...

I am unable to turn off the light in my Kenmore Oven Model # 790.79423601

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Took the model # shown above off the sticker in the oven drawer. Oven is 5- burner; probably 5- 10 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Prodded the "light" button, but nothing happens. The 2 bulbs have wires over them

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your Kenmore range. Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

Does the button feel normal - like it is making contact? Does it feel the same as when you press any other button?

Ok, one moment please.

Ok, if it feels normal, the likely problem is a stuck relay on the main control board. The board would need to be replaced in this case. The part number is###-##-#### You can get it on Amazon.com here: http://a.co/gaMoWhk

It is accessible by removing the back panel of the range. Be sure to turn the power off to the range if you want to in fact try this repair yourself.

- Please rate my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. Thank you.