Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a kenmore he2 plus washer. Model# 110.47512601 that…

Customer Question
Hello there i have...

Hello there i have a kenmore he2 plus washer. Model# ***** that when i start a cycle the door locks, i can here it close. The add a garment light comes on the washer won't start. I also cannot unlock the washer by pressing the stop button. I just replaced the door switch

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2004

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so, I'm an hvac tech so I have testing abilities

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Remove the top of the unit and see if the cam rotates on the top of the dispenser at all after the door locks. Let me know what happens.

The cam on dispenser does not rotate, should it rotate automatically or should I be able to turn it?

It should rotate. If not remove the bottom front panel and get the tech sheet that is taped to the right side panel, put it into diagnostic mode and see if any errors are stored in the unit and let me know what you find.

I just unplugged and pulled the manual door unlock tab and plugged the washer back in and now f26 is blinking and prewar, spin and clothes clean lights are on
I did this because the washer needs to be off when starting the diagnostic test. The door is open with the lights on. I did not hit the power button

That is a door lock error, either the door lock is bad or the wiring to the door lock is not plugged int correctly. I would suggest replacing the door lock and if that does not solve it you would have a bad CCU board. Here is a link to the door lock. You can also unplug the unit for a full minute and plug it back in and all should reset if you want to try diganostics again.

CLICK HERE

I just replaced the door switch
The washer won't run the diagnostic test. I tried it with three different buttons
Are u still there?

Yes I am still here. Was it doing the same thing before the door switch was replaced?