Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My washer won't start. top-load model mvwc416fw has power…

Customer Question
My washer won't start...

My washer won't start. top-load model mvwc416fw has power and water

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Maytag model mvwc416fw

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

12-18 mos.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Turned off water to house just prior to this for unrelated plumbing work(expansion tank).

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
plan on doing this myself if I can isolate problem.
11/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Is it totally dead or what exactly is it doing?

power lights up. makes a buzzing sound when starting. no water flows
door switch appears to work as it pauses when lifted.

Ah, thank you. Is it hooked up with Flood Safe hoses or regular fill hoses?

regular, stainless braid.

Have you checked the screens in the water valve body to see if they are plugged as well as verifying water from the hoses to the valve is good?

stand by on screens

Roger that, thanks. Oftentimes, sediment will get stirred up when you work on water lines and those screens will plug up. Let me know what you find.

loosened hose and checked screens-clean. water pressure good.
reconnected. appears to be working?
air lock from water being shut off?
starting cycle normally now.

Yes, quite possibly, that is awesome!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!