Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am getting an F8E0 error on my double oven, jennair don't…

Customer Question
I am getting an...

I am getting an F8E0 error on my double oven

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Jennair don't know mode model less than 2 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well it depends on what needs to be done but probably not

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Should someone come out? my jennair ice maker stopped working too

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 8 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The F8 E0 error means the cooling fan speed is too low. Below are the steps to troubleshoot the problem, it could be the fan, the hall sensor or the control board.

1.Unplug range or disconnect power.
2.Pull the range forward and remove the top access cover.
3.Verify there are no obstructions in the blower. If there is an obstruction, remove it and go to Step 6. If no obstructions, go to Step 4.
4.Disconnect control board connect or P5 and check the fan motor for 105Ω resistance between P5-1 and
P6-3. If the motor test is not good, replace motor and go to Step 6. If motor tests good, go to Step 5.
5.Check the Hall Sensor by removing the control board P7 connector and testing for 5 VDC between P7-7 and P7-1. If test
is good, go to Step 6. If test results are not correct, replace the Hall Sensor.
6.Replace all parts and panels before operating.
7.Plug in range or reconnect power.
8.Start a cook cycle and check for proper operation.
9.Enter the diagnostic mode to view the “Faults” screen. Press START TIME or DELAY START to clear each Fault code(s).

That is about all the information I can give you without the full model number of the unit, thanks.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 8 months ago

Hi there,
I see you have read the answer a while ago and I have not heard back from you, if there is nothing else I can help you with at this time please take a moment to rate my assistance and if you need anything later on you can still follow up, thank you.