Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have acquired a Maytag Atlantis Dryer with 4 plug/4 wire…

We have acquired a...

We have acquired a Maytag Atlantis Dryer with 4 plug/4 wire and the house has 3 plug/3 wire. How do I switch over a 4 plug to a 3 plug?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Think it was purchased in 2004. It is in immaculate condition and never had any trouble at all.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible, yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not at this time.

11/17/2017
Joel Swenson

you will need to install a 3 prong cord on the dryer like the one linked below:

click here for plug information

remove the terminal cover plate where the cord is connected on the back of the dryer and remove the old plug then install the new plug, does not matter how its wired on that plug as long as the middle terminal on the plug is connected to the middle terminal on the dryer terminal block.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Joel Swenson

Thank you for the rating and for using JA!