Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a LG front load clothes washing machine model

Customer Question
WM0642HW. Sometimes it dings and...
I have a LG front load clothes washing machine model WM0642HW. Sometimes it dings and shows a code of "FE". At this same time the water is filling, but it is also draining. If I turn off the water and back on, the water immediately stops filling but the draining continue until the water is drained. I can't tell if the problem is with the drain valve or the fill valve or the computer.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 4 days by:
11/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Dino, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Dino
Dino, Customer Service

Hi

For the FE fault its usually the fill valve that doesn't switch off so it allows too much water to enter and it overfills like its doing now.

So for this the fill valve will need to be replaced and this should cure the fault from there for you.

Regards