Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have tried to replace the water injection kit on our

We have tried to...

We have tried to replace the water injection kit on our Maytag washer Model A112 Seriel # 486653. there is still major leakage through the plastic part connecting the two hoses. We have tried turning this part around. That didn't work! we tried repositioning the clamps. Nothing is helping. The repair men in our area didn't know what we were talking about. Please help

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Probably 30 years old. This is the first issue we have EVER had. The model number on cabinet is A112 Maytag

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

We are trying

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Our leak is coming from that little plastic joint. we placed the plastic pointed insert into tube as assembly was showing

11/17/2017
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

I would assume you are referring to the aerator, the plastic piece that joins the two hoses together, so the best way to fix that is to go to lowes and get a small piece of pipe that will fit snug in both hoses and then by some new hose clamps and you won't ever have that problem again, its not gonna hurt anything at all.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Joel Swenson
Do I understand the insert is not needed? I thought this prevented back flow of waste water. You are saying to replace with just a hose that fits the two connections?

ya I have bypassed many of them with no problems, the aerators always cause an issue eventually bypassing it will keep it from every being a issue.

Joel Swenson should have 5+ stars!! He fixed our problem!! I could not change rating

Thank you for wanting to rate 5 starts I am glad you got it fixed thank you for the rating and for using JA!