Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My viking side by side refrigerator lost cooling in the

Customer Question
My viking side by...

My viking side by side refrigerator lost cooling in the freezer. I noticed when water started dripping from the ice dispenser in the door. The warm temperature alarm did not sound, but several small items in the top part of the freezer nearly defrosted. The warm temp light was blinking, so i activated the max freeze temp and the max ref temp. If it has not corrected itself in 24 hours, what is wrong? The unit is 9 years old. thanks.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Viking is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

We had it installed 9 years ago in new home. it is either VCSB423 or VCSB423D

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

What work?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

This happened once before about 6-8 months ago, but the high temp alarm sounded. I adjusted the temp with the max buttons then, and it was ok until now.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 4 days by:
11/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Dino, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Dino
Dino, Customer Service

Hi

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question, Do you still need help on this?

Regards