Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I bought a new dish dishwasher. I installed it my self,

Customer Question

I bought a new dish dishwasher. I installed it my self, which I have done before with no trouble. after I made all connections ,I powered it up to test it before I pushed it completely under the counter the lock light lite up when I pushed the start button nothing happened. I rechecked power to unit. I have 122 volts to unit. I pushed unit completely under cabinet. retried to start unit. nothing happen. I started the error mode. the lights for all the modes lite up normal when I went to service mode the normal light came on. I wasn't able to go any father thru the service mode. the dishwasher will not work
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: ge GDF570SSJ2ss
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I have gone as far as I want to unless there is a easy fix.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not at this time. I have in the pass installed and checked out dishwashers, and washing machine and stoves ,ovens. this a new dishwasher. so I do not want to void the warrantiy
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Make sure you remembered to turn the water supply back on to the unit, and if you are sure its on and there is enough water pressure being supplied to the unit then push heavy, normal temp and start and the unit should run if not the unit is faulty and needs to be replaced or serviced under warranty.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.