Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our kitchenaid (model KFIS25XVMS6) stopped working. Nothing…

Customer Question
Our kitchenaid (model KFIS25XVMS6)...

Our kitchenaid (model KFIS25XVMS6) stopped working. Nothing working at all except the lights. Checked all the typical problems (power, water, etc). The display pamel was blank for a while and now is displaying set up instructions though still not responding.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

5 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can, its a long way for a technician to come. The model number is ***** in brackets

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The problem started with water (approx 1/2 pint) in the main fridge and some extra ice in the freezer (the freezer is a drawer below the main fridge). The fridge is in our second home, no idea how this happened, the water was turned off. the fridge and freezer were both working at that time.We unplugged the fridge and cleaned it out, checked the coils (they have frozen up in the past), put everything back together and plugged the fridge in. Nothing worked, the display panel clicked briefly 3-4 seconds after we plugged it in and went blank. We unplugged and left the fridge for 30+ minutes. Eventually the display came on per above.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/17/2017
Appliance Technician: AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just answer. Sorry for the delay.

Is this the technical esponse to my question?
I was expecting a detailed written response