Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our Samsung refrigerator needs to be reset - it is in demo…

Customer Question
Our Samsung refrigerator needs...

Our Samsung refrigerator needs to be reset - it is in demo mode.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Probably 4 or 5 years?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

We are leaving to go out of town for the holiday tomorrow so anything that can be done today needs to happen. otherwise we have to throw all the food in the fridge and the freezer away

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It is not cold at all and it is flashing 40 and E on the front

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

To start, 40E is an error, not demo mode.

40E means your icemaker isn't running properly. To try to reset the error, press and hold the upper right and left buttons on your dispenser control panel for 5 seconds together. If it resets then great. If not, then your icemaker needs to be replaced first, then reset the panel again and you should be good to go .

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?