Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a problem with my Amana front load washer NFW5800D;

Customer Question
I have a problem...

I have a problem with my Amana front load washer NFW5800D; the door wont open and the control panel does not respond. I have tried unplugging it for 10 minutes then plugging it again. No change.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 1 year Model: NFW5800D

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

ok if you have unplugged the unit for over 5 minutes and it did not REBOOT the electronic control then you have a bad control board.

And to manually unlock the door you will need to remove the top washer panel (two screws in the rear of the panel) then grab the panel and push it back to the rear 1/2 inch then you can lift it off .

Then you can reach in on the right hand side of the door and then pull down on the manual relaes lever for the door lock assembly.

I can provide you with a link for the electronic control board also if you would like ,just let me know!