Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Washer was banging when it stopped. also shook a lot. I

Customer Question
Washer was banging when...

Washer was banging when it stopped. also shook a lot. I changed the drive coupling,clutch,and replaced all the springs. I completely had this machine torn apart but now can't even run it because its banging unbalanced in the spin cycle. empty it spins and stops like a champ.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Whirlpool, LER8648LWD about 15 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, have been looking for a diagram of the complete washer but haven't found one yet.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Did you remove the inner and outer baskets off the frame?

And I can provide you with an entire parts break down if you want one!

And the model number that you have given of LER8648LWD is a dryer NOT a washer!

I removed both off the frame, outer had 15 years worth of crud in the bottom. Yes I would like the breakdown of parts. Sorry for the serial number.. LSQ9549LW1 is the correct one but cant tell if it is an O or Q label is damaged in that spot.

here is a parts break down for the washer.

http://www.partadvantage.com/lookup/132515/817336

If you open the link on page #3 Agitator , Basket , and Tub parts.

Item #15 id=s the balance ring on the inner basket ,this balance ring should have a liquid in it that during a spin mode helps keep the inner basket in balance .

And of course it is made of plastic , so if could have cracked or even in a excessive out of balance it could have rubbed a hole in it allowing the liquid to come out ,if you have the inner basket out rock it side to side to hear if the liquid is still in it you will hear a sloshing noise .if you do not hear the sloshing then I recommend to replace the balance ring .

I can provide you with a link to the part if you need it ,just let me know!

And here is the parts break down for that model number of dryer that you originally gave me if you also would need it .

http://www.partadvantage.com/lookup/128560/791438

If you have any questions just reply back to me .