Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an older ge profile over the range microwave. Will a…

I have an older...

I have an older ge profile over the range microwave. Will a new ge profile microwave have the same screw holes for the front support

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model #PVM2070sm3ss About 10 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing I can think of

11/17/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately the support holes are not universal at all. As models get changes, the support frame must be changed internally inside the microwave so the holes always move and so does the back wall support bracket. The new microwave will come with a paper template so you know where to drill the holes in your cabinet above the microwave however.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc