Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

On my centennial washer all 5 lights flash twice, then the

Customer Question
second code sensing wash and...
on my centennial washer all 5 lights flash twice, then the second code sensing wash and done flash once then just done once
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: maytag centennial 3 or 4 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: i hope so
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: thats it
Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Appliance
11/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 25 days ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

I'm not sure how your washer is acting but the 1st error code isn't an error. When all 5 flash it just means it's in diagnostics and ready to show error codes. The second set of flashes means that your door latch has failed. So if your error code is accurate, your lid latch assembly will need to be replaced.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Lid latch works in diagnostic mode

ok well that's what the error code says is wrong. Why are you pulling up error codes? What is the washer doing?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Half full of water won’t start to drain out

Hmm, I'd remove the drain pump below the tub and make sure it's not jammed with debris. If it's clear, re-install everything and see if the washer will drain and spin without water inside it. If so, start a new cycle. If it still won't drain and it stops again, replace the drain pump.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Drain pump works in diagnostic mode

OK I'm not sure what to say then so I'll opt out.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Do I get refunded
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc