Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

LOC button on GE profile oven. Guessing house cleaner

Customer Question
LOC button on GE...

LOC button on GE profile oven. Guessing house cleaner tripped something today. Pressing 9 and 0 did not resolve.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 10 years old. Don’t know model #.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It depends.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

First it said gas control lock and I cleared that by pressing in button inside oven door

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is one so that I can better assist you?

Pgb975sem1ss

if the display says LOC then you should just need to press and hold 9 and 0 together to unlock the control. If that doesn't work, you'll need to order and replace the display control board because it has failed if unplugging the oven doesn't reset the electronics.

I tried the 9 and 0 thing.

Yes I understand. And what I said was

QUOTE:

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?