Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a whirlpool front load dryer Model wed9050xw1 No heat…

Customer Question
Have a whirlpool front load...
Have a whirlpool front load dryer
Model wed9050xw1
No heat
Replaced the following
Dryer thermistor
Dryer thermal fuse
High limit thermostat
Thermal cut off
Heating element
Still no heat!
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
Also cleaned lint hose and checked the vent hose. All clear
11/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 5 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Well it is nice that you have replaced all of those parts but have you tested any of them to see if they are getting voltage from the main control board motor relay?

Or checked the belt to see if it is off the idler pulley or if it is broken?

The belt has a switch on it if the belt breaks or comes off it kills the voltage to the drive motor.

The belt is intact as I checked it when I changed out the heating element and had to remove the barrel

ok Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

Also if you power the dryer on select a cycle and press and hold the start button for the 3 seconds and let go after 1 minutes does the time display count down?

I can use the multimeter this evening on it
There is no countdown timer as it has a moisture sensor that will shut off the dryer when the clothes are dry

ok if you open the dryer door will the interior light come on?

and with the dryer powered on the selector set on 60 minutes you need to press start and on the main control board mounted on the top left rail check the light blue wire on terminal P9-1 to the tan wire on terminal P8-4 checking for 120 volts A/C .

That is the voltage coming out of the control board to power the drive motor

If you do not have voltage there then also test the P9-1 light blue wire to the P8-3 White wire also for 120 volts .

If you do NOT have voltage at either test then you have a bad control board.

John, Home Appliance Technician