Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Kenmore elite dishwasher won't start. Model 665.1481.

My Kenmore elite dishwasher...

My Kenmore elite dishwasher won't start. Model(###) ###-#### When I select any cycle and push start, it starts it at 1:40, counts down every ten seconds with a new display, then at :20 it says it is drying and then cuts off at the end of the countdown. Meanwhile, it never even starts during all that.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Just got it within the past year. Model(###) ###-####

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Would like to but unsure how serious the problem is at this point

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have tried pushing several buttons in different suggested sequences. Most result in eventual shut off with no running but did get it to turn on for a short time during which every single control panel button was lit, including light on the front being purple, which I have only seen as red or green before. It turned off shortly thereafter.

11/17/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a full model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the TUB (not the door itself) and can be seen if you open the door so that I can better assist you?

Found it! 665.14815N611

perfect, thank you!

The only thing that can cause your dishwasher to act up like it is is the control board. First, lets try to reset the board. Just unplug the dishwasher or flip the breaker off for 5 minutes. Other than that if that doesn't work, no button sequence is going to reset the logic of the main board so the main board will need to be replaced to resolve the issue. Below is a link to the board you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Ok thanks Tyler - i just flipped the dishwasher breaker so we will see if that helps!

alright hopefully it does, but if not the board is all plug and play so if you're handy you can probably replace it yourself, although it's fairly expensive to repair.

Ok cool my husband is an electrician so fairly handy - he could probably handle that!

awesome, sounds good!

Breaker shutoff didn't work - looks like we will have to replace the control board. Any idea if that would be covered under warranty since less than 1 year old?

Definitely. Call Sears and they will replace the part under warranty at no charge since it's less than a year old.

Awesome - thanks for all your help!

Of course but I'm sorry about the circumstances.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Not your fault!