Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We have a Bosch oven, my wife tried to use the self cleaning

option then turned it off...
We have a Bosch oven, my wife tried to use the self cleaning option then turned it off before cycle was over. Now the light saying it is locked is flashing on the control panel but the oven door opens. Cannot get the oven to know it is unlocked so we can access usual controls. In the process of the failure my wife error codes 41 then 43 in that order.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Tried to reboot the computer. Turned off at circuit breaker for 30 min then turned back on but still door lock lite is flashing and cannot get the controls to work.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: We have modelHE17152U
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can work non it if fairly simple. Was hoping this some type of computer glitch
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/17/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately there are switches built into the latch assembly and they aren't sending the signal to the control board that the latch is unlocked even if it is. Try to open the door and wiggle the door latch in case it's sticking. Then close the door and flip the breaker off to the oven for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. Re-apply power and if it still won't stop flashing locked, the door latch would need to be replaced I'm sorry to say. These latches only get used for self clean so when they fail it's always when the oven goes through a self clean cycle.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
OK,but the door actually does open easily it is just that the control panel won't go out of lock mode. Are the latches something that I can move or place into a better location?

You can't move the latch location at all. It's mounted by screws. But you can try to wiggle the latch hook in case it's jamming up or sticking and then hopefully it'll reset when you cycle power.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc