Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a new Maytag fridge with bottom freezer. All of a

Customer Question
Have a new Maytag...

Have a new Maytag fridge with bottom freezer. All of a sudden, it is icing up inside the freezer. Our ice-cream doesn't seem to be as cold. What to do?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model #: MBF2258FEZ01.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Purchased June 2017

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yesterday pulled out fridge to clean up spill from counter that went under fridge.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

What do you mean by "icing up inside the freezer"? Where are you seeing the ice? And is it thick white frost or solid clear ice?

There is snowy white clumps on the left side of the bottom freezer. None on the right. We don't have our ice-maker attached.

The first thing you'll need to do is pull everything out of the freezer and remove the entire back panel inside the freezer. Look at the silver evaporator coils behind this panel and are they packed with frost, lightly frosted from top to bottom, some frost on top but not on bottom, no frost at all, etc... ? Also, is the fan above the coils running?

We are not prepared to pull everything out and look, as we are not knowledgable enough to do this on our own.
Unless you have an alternative possible solution, I am afraid that you are not able to help us.
Please let us know what your service has cost us up to this point, please. Hoping your answer is $5, but certainly not more.
Thank you.

alright, good luck to you.

What did you charge us?

I have no idea. I just answer the appliance questions.