Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My 2004 Whirlpool side by side refrigerator is dripping

My 2004 Whirlpool side...

My 2004 Whirlpool side by side refrigerator is dripping steadily from the water dispersing line. I have locked the dispersing units. I installed a new

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is a 2004 model # ED5VHGXMQ10 I installed a new filter this evening and wonder if I may have loosened the water line somehow. I am an older single woman so not going to be able to move and get into it. Just want to know if there is a way to stop it

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Sent that info as you were typing to me. Older single woman!!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Anyway to stop it without an emergency technician night call or turning off the fridge?

11/17/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

I am online now.

Great! If you just replaced the filter, run a gallon of water through the dispenser to make sure all the air is purged out of the system. If you still have an issue, your electronic water valve behind the refrigerator down below by the compressor isn't sealing properly and the valve needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the valve you'd need to order and replace for your model number.

CLICK HERE for valve

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Thank you for your help and information. I will take it from here.
If you are allowed, you could tell me how to cancel this service. I cannot afford the
monthly fee.