Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Dacor duel fuel oven gas range. Just had the oven…

Customer Question
We have a Dacor...

We have a Dacor duel fuel oven gas range. Just had the oven completely rebuilt all new components from the touch pad to the computer (refurbish)

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

What is the acceptable range of temperature fluctuation in the oven when it is set o0n 350 degrees?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Model. ERD30506BK/LP. SERIAL # FG1411013

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We just put $900 into the rebuild. The oven has never been acceptable, the temp swing was several hundred degrees, virtually unusable I hope we have solved the problem but I know the oven is swinging more than a 100 degrees.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The oven swing largely depends on how long the oven has been running. In the beginning the temperature will over shoot and then undershoot by a lot, roughly 50 degrees each direction and that is 100% normal. After the oven has been running for 45 minute to an hour, the swing should tighten up to 30-35 degrees up and down from the set temperature (total of about 70 degrees from top to bottom). The tightest temperature in the world for an oven now is Viking and it's way better than the 2nd closest. Their wall ovens can hold a temperatures with only 7.5ºF up and 7.5º down after 45 minutes.

Now if you actually have a problem, you'd need to check and make sure the door is sealing up properly and if so the only thing left should be an issue with the relay control board so maybe it wasn't refurbished completely, I'm not sure.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.