Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an LG clothes washer showing an LE code and it will…

Customer Question
I have an LG...

I have an LG clothes washer showing an LE code and it will not drain

Contractor's Assistant: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?

No I hear tho it has a reset button in the back. is this true.

Contractor's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

MY LG WASHER HAS A CODE "LE" MODEL NO. WM2277HS

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I STARTED A LOAD OF TOWELS THER IS WATER IN THE WASHER AND NOW IT WILL NOT CONTINUE THE CYCLE.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

To start, LE means that your washer control thinks that the motor is struggling to turn the tub. Now generally this is a false error and isn't the case at all. But just to make sure, open the door and spin the tub by hand to make sure it spins smoothly. If so, then then that means you likely have a common problem where the hall sensor (also known as the RPS sensor) attached to the motor has failed and will need to be replaced because it's not measuring the motor's strain properly. If you pull the washer out and unplug the washer, you can remove the screws going into the back access panel and set the access panel off to the side. Remove the bolts holding the rotor and motor onto the tub which are located directly in the middle on the back of the tub. There is a plastic sensor clipped onto the back side of the motor with a few small wires going to it. This is your RPS sensor you need to replace.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?