Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag fidge\freezer with ice/water in the door. I…

Customer Question
I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag fidge\freezer with ice/water in the door. I have had issues keeping the freezer door sealed - it seems to be OK then it starts alarming - you either have to lift and slam shut to seal it, or hold shut at specific spots. I am very frustrated - today it's been every 3-4 minutes that I have to attend to it over and over. At times I find the door hasn't sealed and the fridge light is off as well. What can you tell me that might help before I reach my limit and just replace it - it's not even 3 yrs old.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's not quite 3 yrs old. Where do I find the model number?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Doing what work? I can cope with some things, my son may be able to do other things.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not really, except that it's been a problem since day 1 and I'm reaching my limit. and there's not a huge amount of weight in the freezer.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

If you open the fresh food section the model /serial tag will be on the interior wall near the top ,normally on the right hand side but not always!

Model # MF122869DRM0O

Can you please look at the model number once again I do not find anything on the number you ave given of MF122869DRM0O

I do know if should be MFI and not a #1

OK, could have been an MFI - I'm short and the model info is nearly at the top of the fridge - difficult to discern with bifocals.

Thank you !

In the top of the freezer is the drawer light switch , and if at times the door is not closing you will need to open the drawer fully and make sure that you have nothing that is blocking the door from fully closing .

You may have to empty out the freezer baskets to be able to see every area in the freezer .

You have some cogged wheels on the lower basket that may need to be adjusted and you can also loosen the screws that hold the drawer front onto the drawer slides that you can adjust the drawer front on also .

If after removing everything out of the freezer and doing some adjustments if you have any questions just reply back to me.