Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Trying to remove the doors to move the refrigerator through…

Customer Question
Trying to remove the...

Trying to remove the doors to move the refrigerator through the door. Have removed the upper plastic peice but no idea how to disconnect the water, Can you help?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

RF267AERS Model about 3 or 4 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can you tell me how to disconnect the water valve above the door?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If you remove the upper plastic cover above the door hinge, do you see a plastic coupler joining the water line from the refrigerator to the water line coming from the refrigerator door through the hinge?

Need to know how to disconnect that.

Perfect. Think of it as a Chinese finger trap. There is a plastic ring right where the water line goes into the coupler. You need to push this ring in toward the coupler and pull out on the water line to release the water line.

The side toward the door or toward the refrigerator itself?
Why was I just charged an additional $23????????