Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My washer only has a single input hose. I want to attach a Y

to the faucets and then...
My washer only has a single input hose. I want to attach a Y to the faucets and then to the washer. Can I do this? It is a Bosch Serie 6
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it is a Serie 6, maybe 3 yrs old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: How do I regulate the water temp after it is hooked up?
11/16/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Ok..thanks

There is no problem with adding a Y to the faucet, but it won't do anything other than cause warm water to naturally fill the washer because you'll get hot and cold water all the time. If your model only has a single input on the back of the washer, it has a heater built into it to heat the water so that regulates temperature. However, if you add the y to the faucet, there is no way to get cold water---the coldest you can get is the input water which will be a mixture of hot and cold to make "warm" water. These machines with 1 input are typically just connected to cold water because in Europe that is the only hook-up most have, then the water is heated by the washer to the proper temperature later in the cycle.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Thanks for your help!

No problem. I hope all that made sense.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
You rate a 5!!!

Thank you very much!

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc