Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Trying to remove old frigidaire over hood microwave seems…

Customer Question
Trying to remove old...

Trying to remove old frigidaire over hood microwave seems stuck and can't figure out what is hold in (from the back)

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 10 years don't have the model with me (I'm at work) ... asking my wife to check....I see this post that shows removing screw 101, which mean I think I need to take the front cover off the microwave...does that sound right?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just that it feels stuck to something I can't see:)

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 5 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Can I get a full model number located on a sticker just inside the door way so I can better assist you?

FMV156DBA

Perfect, thank you. So this model has the standard mounting set up most modern microwaves have. All you need to do is first unplug the microwave and disconnect the vent if you have a vent connected to the top or back of the microwave going out your house. If you don't have a vent and the vent is set up as recirculating you can ignore that step. Next, there are 2 bolts coming in from above the microwave in the front right and left corners going through your cabinet above the microwave. Unscrew these 2 bolts while supporting the front of the microwave up because without these bolts the microwave will drop down once they are removed. Once the bolts have been removed, pull the microwave and tilt it down in the front. Then lift up on the back to remove the back from the supporting bracket ledge along the bottom. Now the microwave will pull forward and out.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello, do you have an answer for me?
That doesn't work. There is still something holding it from the back. What could it be?

Hmm, I sent you the answer yesterday 4 minutes after you gave me the model number. Perhaps you didn't get it so here it is again.

QUOTE:

As for what is holding it form the back wall, there is a bracket which holds the bot***** *****p which I mentioned you must tip the microwave forward and then lift it up off the lip once it's about 45 degrees tilted forward. The only thing that would hold it at the top is the vent so you may have to force it if it's catching. There is nothing else.

I'm telling you that doesn't work. There is still something hold it from the back.

I'm telling you it's just stuck if the model number you gave me is correct.

Here are the installation instructions for your model---you can see for yourself.

CLICK HERE for installation instructions

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc