Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

GE profile refrigerator. Water dispenser not dispensing. as

per manual, changed water filter...
GE profile refrigerator. Water dispenser not dispensing. as per manual, changed water filter. then replaced with bypass. When dispenser pressed, no water flowing but behind bottom tray can hear hissing sound. removed all trays from fridge and hissing sound accompanied by water spraying from coil. does it mean there is a leak somewhere? problem surfaced 2 months ago but solved itself. held water dispenser a whole minute but does not seem to clear air from line if that is the obvious problem. your idea?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: model PSCS3RGXGFSS. 4years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no, unless it's simple. am not an appliance technician
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i hope my description of the problem was clear enough, i would like to know if that is a common, recurring symptom or if this is a unique situation
11/16/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The first thing you want to do is remove the vent panel below the refrigerator and freezer doors along the bottom of the refrigerator. Disconnect the water line at the coupler below the freezer door hinge. Push a towel under the hose and close the door. Push the water dispenser paddle and does water come out when you push the paddle?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Stand by
Removing panel

ok, just let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
water comes out when push paddle
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Comes out from disconnected hose
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Still there?

OK that's what I figured. If water comes out, you'll need to just turn the refrigerator off and leave the door open for about 45 minutes and that will allow the door to heat up enough that when you connect the water line to the door again, it should start to dispense water again. Using a hair dryer to warm up the door is also very useful.

There is a kit designed to add a heater to the dispenser so this does not happen in the future if the problem comes back. Below is a link to the kit and it comes with instructions on how to install it.

CLICK HERE for kit

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thanks I will do what you recommend and keep you posted
If it does not solve the problem, then what? GE technician?

It will solve your problem, there is no possibility it won't. But if you can't do the work yourself, yes call a technician to do it for you.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc