Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My wmh76719cs-0 stopped working. There is power to the plug.

Customer Question
My wmh76719cs-0 stopped working...

My wmh76719cs-0 stopped working. There is power to the plug. but no lights on. Is there a reset button on what do I do to see why it is not working?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

It is a whirlpool over the range type microwave, model wmh76719cs-0. I just moved in and it was in place.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just trying to get it working

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 4 days by:
11/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Nolan Rettig, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Nolan Rettig
Nolan Rettig, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your issues today. Please give me a minute to review your question.

The most likely cause that is going on with your microwave is that the internal fuse has blown. This is most commonly caused by a failed door switch but it can also blow from a power surge in the house or if one of the other components is failing as well. Honestly the best way to test it is to use a resettable fuse however if you don't have one handy they are difficult to get your hands on and you would be better off ordering a couple of replacement fuses so you can do some testing with a new one in. Do you have access to an ohm meter to check the current fuse in the unit?