Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The top freezer on my Samsung refrigerator (has a bottom…

Customer Question
The top freezer on my...
The top freezer on my Samsung refrigerator (has a bottom freezer also that's fine) is frozen I guess. I can't get the bucket out.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 4 days by:
11/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Dino, Customer Service replied 5 months ago
Dino
Dino, Customer Service

Hi

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question, Do you still need help on this?

Regards

Ok can you post the model number please.

RF323TEDBSR
and I'm sorry but I'm about to go out door to church. Won't be back until about 9:30 ET

Ok thanks for that. So its the ice box you are trying to remove.

If its loose but not coming out then its more then likely frozen. Keep giving it a few pulls on it and see if it will come out.

But if not then the only way to get this out is by defrosting the whole appliance.

Turn it off for 24 hours when you can and leave the fridge door open. This will allow the ice in there to melt and then you should be able to remove it from there.

So try that and then you should be able to remove it from there.

I haven't had time to defrost the whole unit yet . Have to make a way for things inside but this is actually what I thought I was going to have to do. I'm sure it will work but wanted to know for sure this was the only way to go. Thank you so much for your help. Have a Happy Thanksgiving weekend.
Dino
Dino
Dino, Customer Service