Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We had a electric outage last night for just a minute or two…

Customer Question
We had a electric...

We had a electric outage last night for just a minute or two but our 4.5 year old GE Café fridge did not come back on. I tried unplugging it for a minute and checked the breakers but it still will not come back on.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It was purchased in 2013, it is a GE Café with the bottom freezer

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible as I can't find anyone near Waikoloa Hawaii

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 5 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Unfortunately that is common issue with GE refrigerators, the power surge blew the main control board and it will have to be replaced. If you give me the full mode number of the refrigerator I can give you the replacement board part number and instructions to change it out. Using a appliance surge protector will stop that from happening in the future so I suggest after replacing the board that you get you one.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson