Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Whirlpool front load duet tumblefresh washer door locked…

Customer Question
My Whirlpool front load...

My Whirlpool front load duet tumblefresh washer door locked and would not let me open the door. Online help told me to remove the bottom panel and pull the unlock ring which I did and the door opened. Now the wash light blinks and beeps continually when I press start but the washer won't start.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 5 years old. Model WFW9150WW00.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If not too complicated.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is there a sequence of power unplugging or dial to turn to reset my washer.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 9 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

You manually unlocked the door and that's great. If you already tried to unplug the washer and the issue won't reset, your door latch has just failed which is why the washer beeps at you and refuses to start. You will need to order and replace the door latch fix this issue so below is a link to the part you need to order. It's actually a fairly easy part to replace if you're handy. You'll need to unplug the washer and open the door to start with. Then there is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off. From there you can pull the gasket back out of the way. Remove the screws going into the door latch from the front and reach behind to replace the door latch assembly.

CLICK HERE for door latch

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?