Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

There is a lot of unwanted ice buildup along the side of…

Customer Question
There is a lot...

There is a lot of unwanted ice buildup along the side of freezer drawer, been in the house less than one year. A friend told me I need a new gasket over there.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

Whirlpool, k33203829

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Wrf990slamoi (1)?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 8 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today

It may be a bad gasket but in most cases on a bottom freezer model like that one the problem is the drawer is sagging and the gasket is not making a good seal, get a lighter and go around that side of the gasket if the flame sucks in then the gasket is not sealing properly. If the gasket is not stretched and hanging out or torn then the gasket is fine and you need to adjust the drawer. To adjust the drawer loosen the two screws at the top of the drawer on both the left and right side do not remove then close the door, then kinda eye the position of the drawer and tighten the screws while holding the drawer in that position. If it ends up being the gasket the replacement gasket is listed below:

Refrigerator Freezer Door Gasket (Gray)

Part #: W10248749 - click here for part info at sears

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thank you.