Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a frigidaire drop/slide in stove model # FES366ECB…

Customer Question
I have a frigidaire...

I have a frigidaire drop/slide in stove model # FES366ECB the oven does not always come on. It works when it wants to.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is probably 6 or 7 years old. I don't know what else you want I gave you the model number and frigidaire brand

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, my husband does

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so. Everything else is ok on it. When it does come on the heating element is ok.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 8 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello, sorry to hear you are having trouble, I am Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Unfortunately the only thing that can cause the oven to work intermittently like that on that particular model is the oven control board. It will have to be replaced to fix that issue.

Range Oven Control Board

Part #:###-##-####- click here for part info at sears

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

I thank you for your answer, but I was not advised I was going to be charged anything but $5.00. I am not happy about the $23.00 I was just charged!
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 8 months ago

I have nothing to do with the site billing or charges I am just an expert on the site to help you with your issue. I can tell you the 5.00 was just a deposit on the question once you get an answer you are charged the full amount of the question, if you have concerns you will need to contact customer support as I can't help you with any billing questions, thanks.