Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have Maytag MEDC215ew1dryer. No power.was running opened…

Have Maytag MEDC215ew1dryer....

Have Maytag MEDC215ew1dryer. No power.was running opened door to check dryness and heard a snap, light went out. Now nothing. Checked door switch. OK, checked thermal fuse OK. Checked hi limit fuse OK. This unit seems totally DOA

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

18 months old. Model MEDC215EW1

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Would timer completely go bad or could you have some cycles?

11/16/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So the first thing you need to do is pull the dryer forward and remove the screws going into the access panel on the back of the dryer where the power cord connects to the back of the dryer. Test power between the 2 outside power wires and you should have 220 volts. If not, you have a power supply issue or one of the wires at the terminal block may be burned and shorted out on the power cord.

Other than that, if you have 220 volts and the unit is completely dead, check the fuse on the back of the dryer and if that checks good, you'd be looking at a bad door switch or timer. Below is a video on how to test the fuse. Whirlpool owns Maytag now so don't be confused by the video---the test is the same.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc