Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We believe we have a belt to replace that enables the unit…

Customer Question
We believe we have...

We believe we have a belt to replace that enables the unit to spin. it will drain but not spin. we can smell and hear what sounds like the belt trying but not able to pull? how do we open the front?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

We have a have a LAT2200-2300-2500 Maytag Performance oversized capacity washer

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am not a real repair person, but I was going to take a look to see if I could make the repair.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Wasn't sure how to open the front for starters, if that gives you a hint.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

To access the belt on this washer, just tip the washer backwards. It's under the entire unit. There are 2 belts---the thinner one is for the drain pump. The thicker one is for the tub. If the washer drains but it doesn't spin, make sure the belt is connected. Other than that, belt if it's slipping or the belt is broken. If the belt is OK, turn the main pulley below the tub both directions. If it only turns one direction but not the other, your transmission would need to be replaced. Also, if the pulley turns both directions and the belt is not slipping, then the transmission would also need to be replaced because it's bad.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?