Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Am having error codes E01 & F06 on my MHW6000XW0 Maytag

Customer Question

am having error codes E01 & F06 on my MHW6000XW0 Maytag washer. I have clean the drain filter replaced the temp sensor and still nothing, the door locks and then it just does nothing, so I got a new MCU & replaced it, then I could not even get anything the door would not lock or anything, so I removed the new & Installed the old MCU back, and am now getting the error codes after the door locks, whats next??
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: almost 7 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: absolutely
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Im a repair person, just never ran into this before
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The F6 E1 error code indicates a communication error between the machine and motor control boards. Often times this is caused by a connection issue rather than a part failure. There are three screws on the rear of the top panel that secure the top on. Once removed, the top will slide back and come off to be set aside. In the RF corner near the front control panel is the main machine control. WITH THE MACHINE UNPLUGGED, remove each connector, one at a time, and replace into the control. This will rectify any connection issue if there is one. Once each connector has been reset into position, remove the back panel from the machine to access the motor control board. Do the same for each motor connector. Plug the machine back in and see if the code returns. If it does and since you have already replaced the MCU, I suspect the main machine control will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have all access panels of, I have already removed each wiring harness on both mcu, ccu & upper control & including door lock, this is not problem, I do however; wonder when I installed new mcu that nothing happened, even the door did not lock, what would that be indicative of, additionally I have a service technicians book which shows there is a lack of communication between ccu & mcu and run test 1 & 2 & check door switch, also you tube videos, so I guess call me thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The issue is with the CCU, the main machine control I linked you to.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I will order it and return this MCU, my wife stipulated that the washer was shaking pretty bad during the spin cycle & my leads on multimeter to large to check AC voltage from MS2 port which is from CCU to MCU, however I did have voltate at the interference filter on the CCU Thanks, & appreciate it
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I suspect you will have no more trouble once that control is replaced.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
update- removed new mcu installed old or original, and door lock started locking again, however, just no start, replaced the ccu and the door lock and still nothing,have nearly 700$ new parts, am thinking maybe wiring harness as it about all that is left, however doing a thourough visual and feel inspection on said harness and looks good, ??????????
Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.

I will see if another may have any ideas.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Wound up being mcu as had a loose wire on ccu but it looked /felt tite, thanks, ***** ***** a great one!
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Im having difficulty accessing the stars rating, however I have left it here the other day, maybe its just a one-time thing, hope so, thanks again!