Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Motor will not run on washer just hums. About 4 years old…

Customer Question
Motor will not run...

Motor will not run on washer just hums

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

About 4 years old maytag top loader

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just keeps reading sensing mode

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

don"t have the model number belongs to my son

ok with out a Model number I have no way of knowing which of the several hundred models of Maytag washers your questions is on ,And all appliance information is looked up via the model number.

Is there a way that you could get the model number so we could continue?

just a general idea would help greatly

Your question is not as easy to answer as you seen to think it is .

There are more then just one style of Maytag top loading washers.

Is a motor is just humming that would normally mean that it is jammed some how (jammed as in not turning) so you need to find out why it is not turning .

ok thank you

If you can get me a model number I can better assist you ,and probably even run a diagnostics on the unit if it has one to be run .

my son text me and said it will run now but has grinding sound so sounds like pump problem

ok if you can get a hold of him have him open the lid and get the model number from him .

The model number is ***** the lid at the rear of the opening on top loaders .If you open the washer lid ,
the model /serial tag is at the rear of the opening on the washer itself.

thank you for the help you could give me

ok ,glad to assist you anytime.

And again if you can get the model number I can assist you a lot better.

Just reply back when you can .