Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My new whirlpool hot water heater does not heat up, it has…

My new whirlpool hot...

My new whirlpool hot water heater does not heat up, it has power to the unit and pressed the reset. I have the hot water line connected to the nozzle H and the cold water line connected to the C

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The unit is around 10 years old never used, looking for a model number

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have already connected everything. E1F50RDO45V Model number.simple job I have the know how.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I made sure the tank was full before turning on the power.

11/16/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Ok so you checked both resets on the unit correct? If so do you have a volt meter?

I checked one didn't know it has two, I checked the top red switch
Where is the second reset switch?

OK well if it does not heat at all the power goes to the top element first so I doubt the bottom one is tripped, but you can check it, that is behind the small cover towards the bottom. I would say if it is not then you likley have a bad top element or the thermostat/overload on the top element is bad. If you have a volt meter just check across the 2 wires going to the large octagon shaped bolt(that is the element). If you have 240 there bad element. You can get the element at any hardware store and it just unscrews and screws back in, they also sell the tool to get it out.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician