Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

MAY TAG M# UMC5200BAW 2006 WHEN I OPEN MICROWAVE DOOR

Customer Question
MAY TAG M# *****...

MAY TAG M# ***** 2006 WHEN I OPEN MICROWAVE DOOR TURNTABLE STARTS TURNING STRANGE PROBLEM WHAT COULD THIS BE OVEN COOKS OK WHEN YOU ENTER A TIME.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

2006 IS THE YEAR M#UMC5200BAW MICROWAVE

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES IHAVE AC BACK GROUND

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

TURNTABLE TURNS WHEN I OPEN DOOR

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 8 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried doing a hard reset by unplugging the unit for 5 minutes to do a hard reset? Does it do this every time you open the door? Does it ever stop?