Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag front loader and mid cycle it just shut

Customer Question
I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag front loader and mid cycle it just shut off.. now the door is locked and it won't turn on.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's around 3 years old. It's a Maytag Maxima steam direct drive motor

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can..

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It was running fine and after the fourth cycle it shut off

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 9 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Is the door locked light on or flashing or is the unit 100% dead?

100% dead

OK first, run and extension cord to another outlet you know is working to make sure you're getting power to the washer from your house. If you're getting power and it still won't turn on, you have a faulty control board. You'll have to manually unlock the door first. You will need to pull the washer forward and remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. There is a plastic tab hanging from the bottom of the latch assembly. You need to unplug the washer and pull down on that plastic tab to manually unlock the door.

As for the main board, it's the plastic box attached to the right side wall in the upper front right corner and that will need to be replaced if the unit is dead.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.