Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have MHWC7500YW front load washer. It keeps stopping with…

Customer Question
I have MHWC7500YW front...

I have MHWC7500YW front load washer. It keeps stopping with R10 error message. If i hit start button it will work for a while but then stop.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

All i have is: MHWC7500YW. It is 3 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can. It wil need to be pretty simple

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This error you're getting means the washer isn't draining properly. There is a lower front panel on your washer that you can pry on in the seam above the lower front panel to unclip the bottom panel and get it out of your way. In the bottom right corner is a 3" plastic hand twist cap. You'll need to unscrew this plastic cap and be ready because all the water in the tub will come flooding out so you need a wet vac or lots of towels to soak up the washer. Attached to the back of this hand twist cap is a coarse plastic filter catch which should catch change and things left in pockets. Remove any debris you find and re-install the cap. Try a new cycle and if the unit still acts up, the drain pump would need to be replaced.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Technician: mary-cssm,
 replied 8 months ago
mary-cssm
Dear Customer: We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. http://www.justanswer.com/appliance/at1zo-mhwc7500yw-front-load-washer-keeps-stopping.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.